Wednesday, April 22, 2009

On the Move

Obviously, I'm not exactly a regular blogger. I have good intentions, but they never seem to be realized. However, there does seem to be two basic themes to my blogs thus far, so I thought it best to continue along those lines. The first theme is that of housing. I have complained before about the difficulties of finding a decent home in Korea (or, more precisely, Seoul), so I will spare you the details again, but suffice it to say that after much searching I found a new one room apartment a few months ago, and moved in the beginning of February.

There are advantages to this apartment: it is bigger than the previous one (not too hard to do), and it is right next door to the LDS Temple, allowing for easy access, as well as a certain peace of mind. However, there have been a few other things that I don't care for about the apartment, but I'll resist the urge to complain.

For now, I just thought I'd better post a few pictures taken on the moving day... just in case I end up moving AGAIN in the next few weeks (a real possibility)!

Step 1: Pack up a few precious and breakable items myself.


Step 2: Movers come in and pack up everything else.

Step 3: Take everything out via the window -- I am on the 5th floor after all, and who wants to carry all that heavy furniture down all those flights of stairs. Mind you, they even have ladder trucks that can do this for the huge 20-story+ high rises!


Step 4: Squeeze everything into the truck (how did I ever collect this much stuff?)


Step 5: Movers unpack everything at the new apartment. Me, I barely broke a sweat!


Step 6: The final product!

The Art Gallery

The kitchen (combined with laundry)

The veranda as bedroom

The other half of the veranda as storage room.


You'd think with as much moving as I have done here in Korea, that I like it, but I assure you I would like to find a place and settle in for the next 20 years or so. Okay, the wanderlust in me would never be content with that, but a year or two would be nice!

2 comments:

Charlie (Zhang Peng) said...

Hei,Professor Heather:
You changed your house, and it seems that it is nice for you.
Have a good day.

MoMod said...

Pic of the dragon painting (or whatever that is) made me laugh. The poor thing has to survive all those moving-ins and outs and suffer from being in the hands of such a master... and, btw, should we start fundraising to get you a bed? the way normal people sleep? (rofl)