Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Food, the Continuing Saga

Some time ago I read an interesting entry on my friend Cheryl's blog (if you'd like to see for yourself: http://www.cherylwildelife.blogspot.com/). She was asked to do the following:

1. Go to your My Documents/My Pictures
2. Go to your sixth file
3. Go to your sixth picture
4. Blog about it
5. Tag 6 people

Well, I was one of those six people she tagged, and as she has surely noticed, I never fulfilled my part of the bargain. But since I just wrote a blog entry about moving into a new apartment, and in so doing realized there are two basic themes to my blog, housing and food, I thought it would be entertaining to finally write about the sixth picture in my sixth folder.

And so, here it is:

Me at a Buddhist Temple in Seoul on Buddha's Birthday (4-11 according to the lunar calendar), 2008.


Admittedly, this is not a terribly attractive or interesting picture.

But here is the ironic, or perhaps down-right strange part...

As you can easily see, I have only made a few entries to my blog over the last two years or so. However, one of the rare entries discusses a food adventure I had on the very day the picture above was taken. Namely, that my friend, Ju-eun took me out for dinner and fed me cow entrails. Why? you may ask... because she thought I was a vegetarian, of course. And what vegetarian doesn't love a good hearty meal of innards!? (Gratefully, she has since figured out I'm not a vegetarian, so we have yet to return to this scrumptous restaurant.)

So, just for fun, I will add a few more photos from that day. The first is Ju-eun concentrating deeply while preparing a piece of art from her food (notice the grilling guts -- here stir-fried with rice -- in the middle of the table), and the second picture is the masterpiece itself.




Who knew you could do so much with a one small squid and a little kimchi! (And yes, she did eat the "art" in the end!)

(And, I know I'm supposed to tag six friends, but I'm not sure if I have that many friends anymore... I'll see what I can do!)

No comments: