Friday, April 25, 2008

Livin' it up in White Vil

Okay, so my original intent was to add to my blog more than once or twice a year, but obviously I haven't been as diligent as I would have liked. Actually, the last few months have been the busiest of my life, not leaving much time or energy for such pleasantries as writing about my life on a blog. But enough of that...

Since my last entry was about finding an apartment, I thought it best to begin again with an introduction to my new abode... Welcome to White Vil! (Seriously, who comes up these names?) Maybe its Korea's not so subtle form of segregation. But then again, I haven't yet found Brown Vil (although there are 30-story "Brownstone" apartment buildings to be found in Seoul -- guess they don't quite understand the concept), or Yellow Vil or even Green Vil for our friends from Mars. Maybe my home is just meant to be a place of purity. Maybe its just a name. Whatever the case, it makes me laugh.

Although not so spacious, I'm actually quite pleased with my abode. My own mini-museum filled with lovely things collected around the world. Let me give you a guided tour...

Kitchen
(Actually, my kitchen is much more bright and cheery now, I put up a couple pictures and changed the order of things a bit, but I left my camera at school so I can't take a new picture for you at the moment)



Bedroom
(Ah, to "Dream a Dragon's Dream" all I need do is look above me...)


Living Room
(It took me several years of hunting to find the perfect traditional Korean chest, this one being in fine condition considering the fact it is more than 200 years old. And thanks to Lumina's grand artistry it is well complimented by the beautiful persimmon painting. Oh, and why not throw in an Australian didgeridoo just for fun. )


A Room with a View
(Lots of book, and a view to enjoy the sunlight)


The Entertainment Room


Entry and Exercise Facility


As I said, not so spacious, but it is home and I'm happy with it!

4 comments:

Dale said...

As they say - "Home is where the dragon painting is."

Dale said...

Or how 'bout - "Home is where you hang your dragon's dream." That sounds better.

Cheryl said...

I'm just a little freaked out that you are sleeping on the floor at your age! I am sure I couldn't do it. Do I need to send you one of those mattresses from Costco?????

HAW said...

Although I'd like to say that I am totally "Korean" and more than happy to sleep on the floor, truth be told... I only made it about a month! I now have a mattress underneath my "yo." Aesthetically, it is not so pleasing, but it is much better for the dragon dreams!